Tattoo Portfolio

Please enjoy this slideshow of my work; for larger views of my portfolio, come visit me at flickr .

This slideshow is made with flash and unfortunately will not work on the iPhone/iPad (yet!). Follow the link above for scrollable views of my photos.

Monday, March 8, 2010

new music

currently obsessed with:


Peter Gabriel's brand spankin' new, beautiful, melancholy record of covers.

Anyone who can get me to willingly listen to a talking heads song (and LIKE it) must be a genius. Thank god he didn't sneak a steely dan song on there, or we'd have words.

Realized after one go that this is not a good record for tattoo shop listening. too weird and moody (well, not for ME, but you know...).

I so wish he was coming to Chicago on the tour of this record, he will be with an orchestra, and I'm sure it'll be brilliant. Why he is passing us over, I do not know.



 The current Peter Gabriel obsession led to a healthy love for Elbow. He covers their song "Mirrorball".

I read in an interview with PG that he had a really hard time with that song, as the phrasing reminded him of his early writing days with Genesis.

That alone made me listen to the song in an entirely different way, and of course i had to seek out the original, which is fucking amazing, pardon my french.

 What a GREAT band!

here is a lovely video of Elbow performing Mirrorball  with an orchestra and choir at Abbey Road Studios